When you make a donation of food, clothing, or other essential items, neighbors and families gain access to much needed resources. In turn, this can also:
- reduce anxiety from food and resource insecurity,
- improve health and well-being,
- and provide an increased sense of stability.
Scroll down for donation hours and location.
Donation Guidelines for Food
- Non-perishable, unopened cans and packages of food
- Fresh produce
- Opened food
- Cooked food
- Homemade baked goods or other products, including canned goods from home
- Cans that are rusted or dented
Food Wish List
- Canned tuna
- Canned chicken
- Beef stew
- Peanut butter
- Canned nuts
- Canned or dry beans
- Shelf-stable milk
- Instant oatmeal
- Dried Fruit
- Cooking herbs and spices
- Fruit cups
- Mac & cheese
- Canned/boxed juices
Fresh & Canned Foods
- Fruits (fresh or canned)
- Fresh vegetables (no cans, please)
- Canned soups
- Canned spaghetti sauce
Donation Guidelines for Clothing & Items
We please ask that all donated items are in either
new or gently used, clean condition.
We are currently at donation capacity and our Community Closet is moving to a new site. Until mid-September, we are only accepting donations of the following four items from our Wish List.
If you’d like to be added to a call-back list, please contact Edsel Blanche at (206) 694-6727 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll contact you in September when we’re accepting donations.
Item Wish List
- New sleeping bags
- New adult socks, large or extra large
- Toiletries & hygiene supplies (e.g., hand sanitizer, razors, shampoo, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, sanitary pads, tampons, condoms, and toilet paper)
- Diapers, size 3 & size 6 (new, sealed packages)
Donation Hours & Locations
1501 North 45th Street
Seattle, WA 98103
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, donation hours have changed:
Tuesday: 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
Thursday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
Parking is available in the rear of the building. Please knock on the back door of the food bank to get our attention, and we’ll come out to accept your donation!
If you have any questions, please give us a call at (206) 694-6727.