In the first couple months of placement, the JV AmeriCorps member will dive into food bank operations,
learning everything from grocery rescue and sorting, to distribution and our client intake process. The JV
AmeriCorps member will assist with the full range of FamilyWorks food programs including food bank
distribution, Home Delivery, Student PowerPacks, and No Cook bag distribution. After gaining a
foundation in food bank operation, the JV AmeriCorps member will serve alongside the Food Bank
Manager on the expansion of a new program, our Mobile Food Pantry. Through this program, the JV will
collaborate with community partners to bring essential food resources directly to our community,
largely serving populations currently experiencing homelessness.
To view the full job description, click the button below.
– Fill out and submit the online JVC Flex application.
– Priority deadline to apply is June 28. Final application deadline is August 5. Those who submit an application by June 28 will have the best chance of securing a preferred placement.
– JV Flex is a year-long opportunity beginning September 7.
– Valid Washington state driver’s license required in order to operate FamilyWork’s van and/or mobile food pantry.
– JV AmeriCorps member is required to be at least 21 years old.
Our Agency is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications equally without regard to their race, color, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, religion, or political beliefs. This application will be given every consideration, but its receipt does not imply that the applicant will be employed. Each question should be answered in a complete and accurate manner as no action can be taken on this application until all questions have been answered.